Although the texture is pretty different, it is still bursting with amazing pizza flavor.
The ultimate way that I measure the success of a recipe by trying it out on people who aren't vegan, and this one passed the test with flying colors!
My boyfriend and our neighbors were shocked at how tofu could possibly taste so much like pizza!
Enjoy these protein-packed pizza sticks for lunch or dinner alongside my favorite salad for a healthy, delicious, nutritious meal.
Leftovers stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days and make the perfect kid-friendly, after-school snack!
Vegan, gluten-free, low-carb, and oil-free.
Cost per serving: $0.60
Calories per serving: 133
Equipment you'll need: baking sheet, parchment paper
1 block extra firm tofu
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp nutritional yeast
a few pinches of dried basil
1. Drain tofu: wrap block of tofu in paper towel. Place cutting board on top of the block of tofu. Apply even pressure to the top of the block by placing a cookbook (or something of equal weight) on top of the cutting board. Let tofu drain for about 15-20 minutes.
2. While tofu is draining, preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut tofu into 16 thin pieces, and place on baking sheet.
4. Spread 1 tsp of marinara sauce on each pizza stick.
5. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of nutritional yeast on each stick.
6. Sprinkle basil over the tofu sticks, to taste.
7. Bake for 27-30 min.