Cost per serving: $0.60
Calories per serving: 133
Equipment you'll need: baking sheet, parchment paper
1 block extra firm tofu
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp marinara sauce
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp nutritional yeast
a few pinches of dried basil
1. Drain tofu: wrap block of tofu in paper towel. Place cutting board on top of the block of tofu. Apply even pressure to the top of the block by placing a cookbook (or something of equal weight) on top of the cutting board. Let tofu drain for about 15-20 minutes.
2. While tofu is draining, preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut tofu into 16 thin pieces, and place on baking sheet.
4. Spread 1 tsp of marinara sauce on each pizza stick.
5. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of nutritional yeast on each stick.
6. Sprinkle basil over the tofu sticks, to taste.
7. Bake for 27-30 min.