The savory sauce pairs perfectly with the veggies and tofu, causing an explosion of flavor in every bite.
Tofu is a wonderful addition to stir fry dishes - it's a great vegan source of protein that is able to absorb the flavor of whatever it's being cooked with.
Perfect, simple recipe for lunch or dinner!
Cost per serving: $2.01
Calories per serving: 195
Equipment you'll need: large skillet
4 cups broccoli
1 red bell pepper
1/2 block of tofu, cubed
For the sauce:
1 cup water
1.5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1.5 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1. Drain tofu: wrap block of tofu in paper towel. Place cutting board on top of the block of tofu. Apply even pressure to the top of the block by placing a cookbook (or something of equal weight) on top of the cutting board. Let tofu drain for about 15-20 minutes.
2. While tofu is draining, whisk sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. Pour into large skillet and bring to a boil.
4. Add in broccoli and cook over high heat until broccoli is bright green.
5. Add in tofu and bell peppers and cook until broccoli turns a dark green color and the sauce is mostly evaporated.