Cost per serving: $0.21
Calories per serving: 153
Equipment you'll need: high-speed blender or food processor, loaf pan, parchment paper
1 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa + enough water to cover it
1/4 cup chia seeds + 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Soak quinoa in cold water. Leave in the fridge overnight.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup of water to chia seeds and stir a few times. Place in fridge overnight.
3. The next day, rinse quinoa thoroughly and drain.
4. Preheat oven to 325F and line loaf pan with parchment paper.
5. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor. Process until mixture is batter-like, and not many whole quinoa seeds are left.
6. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 1.5 hours or until it passes the toothpick test.
7. Let cool completely before serving. This bread can be stored in the fridge for one week!