This is one of my favorite recipes of all time, so I thought it's original photos need some revamping.
Not only is it one of MY favorite recipes, it is actually the first recipe I give to anyone who approaches me wanting to transition to a plant-based diet (or just incorporate more plant-based foods).
There are a million reasons why this is my go-to such as:
1. It is ridiculously easy to make (only 6 ingredients!), and is not one of those recipes where you're going to be slaving away in the kitchen and be so annoyed that you deem veganism way too much work to ever adopt into your lifestyle.
2. They are super healthy, but don't taste healthy.
3. Along those lines, they are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and fat-free, making them perfect for pretty much any dietary restriction!
4. They are perfectly spiced and full of flavor!
5. They don't fall apart.
6. They will definitely fill you up! Another common issue with people transitioning to a more plant-based lifestyle is they complain they never feel full. You'll feel full with these - promise!
Anyway, although I revamped the photos, this recipe stayed 100% the same as when it was originally created because it is literally PERFECT! You will love them.
Cost per serving: $0.29
Calories per serving: 133
Equipment you'll need: large mixing bowl, baking sheet
1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/3 cup gluten-free quick oats
1. Preheat oven to 400F, spray baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. Mash beans in mixing bowl until there are no whole beans left.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until well-combined.
4. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, and roll into balls with clean hands.
5. Place on prepared baking sheet, and flatten with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, flip (carefully!), and bake for another 10 minutes on the other side.