My dad is a genius in the kitchen! Here is another one of his delicious recipes (his Southwest Tofu Bowl is also one of my faves!).
I was feeling a little under the weather a few weeks ago, and this soup completely revived me. It is so comforting, savory, and packed with nutrition.
Thanks to Phyllis at PK Acupuncture and Wellness, I have some more awesome nutrition info for y’all about bok choy today!
- Taste: sweet (nourishing), pungent (invigorating and dispersing), and cool (cooling)
- Color: green supports the liver and white supports the lungs and large intestine
- Promotes digestive health by relieving constipation
- Hydrates the body (because of this it is used to treat the thirst that is associated with diabetes)
- Nourishes and moistens the lungs, which promotes good health and immunity
- Full of vitamin A, vitamin C, and polyphenols, which makes it great for any anti-inflammatory diet
Cost per serving: $0.62
Calories per serving: 28
Equipment you’ll need: bowl
2 bok choy stalks, chopped
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tsp nutritional yeast
2 dashes garlic powder
2 dashes onion powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in bowl, and stir to mix.